The Zero Room

"Inside the TARDIS there are an awful lot of rooms - libraries, gardens, swimming pools, and even a cricket pavilion. Plus two control rooms, a boot cupboard, a very large costume wardrobe and a pink Zero Room."

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Teachers

Why is it that public school teachers--such as the one who reduced my youngest daughter to tears on Friday--feel that they are all-powerful beings? This whole thing with Ward Churchill has made me re-evaluate some things in my life, and now I have a teacher making my daughter cry. Oh, but that isn't the best part--when my daughter went to a school counsellor to complain about this teacher, she was told that the counsellor "applauded" this teacher's "teaching methods." Bear in mind that said teacher at one point told a student (not my daughter, but a friend of hers)--these are middle-schoolers--that the student would just have to wet their pants as they weren't going to be allowed to go to the bathroom. This was the "teaching method" that was "applauded" by the so-called counsellor.

Hey, I know utter and abject humiliation is one "teaching method" I sure "applaud!" (insert intense sarcasm...)

It's time the school system in this country stopped being an integral weirdo little world unto itself. If I had the $$$, my daughters would be in parochial schools.

You must have Java enabled to see breaking news...