The Zero Room

"Inside the TARDIS there are an awful lot of rooms - libraries, gardens, swimming pools, and even a cricket pavilion. Plus two control rooms, a boot cupboard, a very large costume wardrobe and a pink Zero Room."

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Of the wisdom of zero rooms

It's days like today when I really wich that this virtual Zero Room was real, complete with the scent of roses and the pink walls ;) I woke up about an hour ago with a screaming headache, and so I already know that I'm in for a migraine-filled day of fun. And a few days ago, I found out I have high blood pressure, so that means I'm trying now to wean myself from things like Excedrin, which is loaded with caffeine. Hypertension, in a family whose recent history includes 2 dead of heart attacks at 34 years of age, and 1 dead of cancer that spread so rapidly it killed within one month. My grandparents died of fast-spreading cancer--my grandfather--and stroke--my grandmother, who had so many small strokes the day she died that the doctors lost count. My paternal grandfather died of a heart attack in his sleep. All of which adds up to me needing rather badly to find some way to relax and come down off the ceiling, which is where I normally reside ;)

And so, today, I plan on making loads of herbal teas and maybe hitting the local Vitamin Cottage to see if they have anything for migraines that might work vaguely as well as Excedrin. I also plan on curling up with an amazing book sent me by Chandira, and maybe printing out some stuff from Beliefnet.com. But I still wish I had a real Zero Room in which to do all of this!

You must have Java enabled to see breaking news...