The Zero Room

"Inside the TARDIS there are an awful lot of rooms - libraries, gardens, swimming pools, and even a cricket pavilion. Plus two control rooms, a boot cupboard, a very large costume wardrobe and a pink Zero Room."

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Thanksgiving

All in all, we had a pretty decent Thanksgiving this year, though since last Thanksgiving was my brother's last, this one was a bit...odd. Strained. And it made me wonder, not for the first time, exactly how that mythical first Thanksgiving really played out. The word "strained" has to come close to describing it, doesn't it?

Okay, maybe I'm feeling sorry for myself as today is my eldest daughter's 16th birthday--where in hell did time go?--and therefore I am, today, feeling old and icky. Perhaps that's coloring my view of most holidays right now? Although, for some perverse reason, I am really looking forward to Christmas this year.

Wow, okay, that was rambling and nonsensical! I want to research holidays and their origins right now--it's been a while since I felt like really delving into anything, and this should be fun! If anyone reads this and has some website suggestions, let me know!

What I'm thankful for--my family, my friends (and included in those are my online friends!), my health (gawd, does that sound like an old lady, or what?) and the mind with which I function. Sounds odd, but there it is ;) I am supremely grateful that I am able to do the delving I do, like some sort of mole, ever on some new scent, some new trail. I am grateful that I am curious, that I am not content with the status quo, that as a born-and-bred Catholic I can at my age decide to look deeply into Hinduism. Grateful, I guess, that I am very, very alive...

Hugs, Bloggerverse!

You must have Java enabled to see breaking news...