The Zero Room

"Inside the TARDIS there are an awful lot of rooms - libraries, gardens, swimming pools, and even a cricket pavilion. Plus two control rooms, a boot cupboard, a very large costume wardrobe and a pink Zero Room."

Friday, November 12, 2004

Of cabbages and kings

Chandira posted a thingy on Thrace, which set me to thinking of the ancient Mediterranean in general, which led of course to King Arthur. Makes sense, no? I'd seen a program on King Arthur and his possible non-Britannic origins, and for some reason Chandira's post reminded me of that program. I googled King Arthur and came up with Scythia, not Thrace.

Anyway, to make a long story short, there are connections between the Scythians and the Hungarians, so I very well may have one tiny drop of Scythian blood in me too, which is supremely cool.

I love genealogy, and love research, and worship history itself ;) so all of this is just plain fun, on a dark and dreary day when I desperately need something fun...

You must have Java enabled to see breaking news...